Friday, January 29, 2010

Sydney's Solo

The Tiny Kix and Wee Petites performed during half time of the Senior High's Girls Basketball game. For unknown reasons, Sydney's class has dwindled down to 2 little ladies. Bella's last day was Tuesday, but she was going to perform tonight and next Monday.. Or so we thought. Bella make it tonight.. And I had one heck of a proud mommy moment.


As we lined up in the hall with the other dancers.. she got a little clingy. I thought maybe she won't do this. She even asked me to carry her.. which she never does. Her eyes looked glassy like she was about to cry. Leah and Ellen (from next door) came to watch. It was show time and off she bee-bopped behind Coach Sara. When the musics started, she danced her little heart out .. all by herself! I couldn't imagine today getting out there and dancing in front of that crowd in the gym tonight..but there she was. Her solo debut!~


To quote her big brother "you were wonderful!". Daddy sadly missed it by 20 minutes (he's been in Chicago for the week) But we'll be watching next weeks newspaper. Afterwards, the young man from the Telegram came over and asked me a few questions about my little star. He couldn't believe this little 3 year old! So cute! I apologize if I'm bragging too much.. just too darn excited. It seems like things in life can easily drag you down .Life is exhausting.. Then there's this moment tonight.. where with my glassy eyes, I wonder what the future holds for this little girl. To be so brave...so fearless. I hope she continues to dance!!

3 comments:

  1. She is just the cutest! You should be so proud! What a great little girl you have. Way to go Sydney!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, just looking at these pictures makes me tear up all over again! We are so proud of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful feeling to open the Telegram this afternoon and be treated to such a heart-warming pic!! Way to go Sydney! Andi, you and Chad are so blessed.

    Julie K

    ReplyDelete