Monday, October 25, 2010

Time for Pumpkins!

Since Daddy is heading out of town again this week, we took advantage of a rainy night and carved our pumpkins. Sadly the pumpkins we grew weren't quite big enough.. So they are decorating the front stairs and backyard! It was hard to believe that my main job is gutting out the pumpkin. I know the master of gagging! Sydney and Tyler were not going to touch the inside..just scoop with a spoon. Meanwhile Mom had goo up to her elbows! Then suddenly I couldn't resist..and I started tossing chunks on them.. yup I'm bad! But it was fun..and they were giggling! Finally, Tyler picked up a chunk.. I was so proud!

Sydney was very intent on drawing her pumpkin face on her pumpkin! So cute!



The kids drew their pumpkin faces on paper and Daddy carved them. He missed one of the teeth and Tyler replied "That's okay Dad! We'll just name him Evan!"

Tyler dared to touch the pumpkin guts!! I was so proud!

The finished products!!! BOO!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the Pumpkins, they turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE! and all the pictures! You captured pumpkin carving perfectly!! =-) Too funny about all the pumpkin guts! Caleb was totally grossed out too I was surprised lol! Very GREAT pumpkins! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Good job! Is Tyler wearing safety glasses???
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's wearing Chad's glasses from his halloween costume. We have a super hero theme this year and he was going to be Clark Kent/Superman..but it looks like he'll be out of town.. boo!

    ReplyDelete