Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Allisyn!

Allisyn Carol Friedrich (Alli or Pippy) joined our family Sunday evening  a few weeks early.  I suspected after Tuesdays dr. appt that she wouldn't wait until my scheduled C-section on Sept. 15th.   First of all my doctor was heading on vacation...secondly I really did NOT want to miss Sydney's first day of school and lastly I was suppose to work Labor Day weekend.  Now I don't gamble much but when the water retention started towards the end of the week I figured...things were moving along!  Friday night I slept through the night and after enjoying a little breakfast, I went back to bed and napped for another 3 hours!!  Crazy!
   Sunday morning I was up around  4 with contractions...that increased ... Finally, called St. Luke's who told me to stop in and they'd see how things were progressing... We told Tyler and Sydney that we were running an errand incase they sent us home.  Hooked up to monitors around 230..of course contractions stopped! grr!  45 Minutes later Dr. Goltz stopped by and said contractions were steady..and if they continued they'd do the c-section today.. yay!!  Watching the monitor was like a game as the contractions got closer together and stronger!    So after weeks/months of waiting I had a c-section and heard "Tyler is getting his own room"  All that waiting and "It's a GIRL!" LOL!  Allisyn Carol was born at 559 pm Sunday afternoon...and we all fell in love with the 5lb little peanut!!










   

No comments:

Post a Comment